Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Today we are coming home with our first first grade homework!
This letter should be printed on a blue paper and coming home in a small notebook labeled 'Idea Book'.

First Grade Writing Idea Book
Due Date:   Wednesday, September 14th.
If students finish before September 14, please have them bring it to school!
First Graders will writing throughout the year.  Our first unit is  ‘Small Moments’ where writers create stories about things they have experienced, for example: I went apple picking. I take the school bus. I baked muffins. I rode my bike. I help my brother.
We are asking that over the next week your first grader put 10 ideas (or more) in their idea book - 1 idea per page.  They could sketch, glue a photograph, cut and glue a magazine picture, write a word(s) for an idea or dictate to an adult and have the adult write a word(s) for an idea.  The idea book will be a resource of ideas to potentially develop into stories.  This should be a fun family activity that is NOT writing intensive!   
If you have any questions please email me!  Thank you for your support at home!

No comments :

Post a Comment