Monday, September 12, 2016

Today we had our first Library!  We were so excited to see Mrs. Brewster and take out 2 books each.  Please return these two books next Monday when we will get a chance to go and exchange them for new ones!

In literacy we have introduced 3 vowels and (i,e & u) and 6 consonants (t,b,f,m,n,&c).  The kids really are learning these sounds and we played the mystery letter game today.  I use my finger to write a letter and they guess which letter is it.  You might want to play at home.  You can also have your first grader be the mystery letter writer and write it on your back!

In math we reviewed all the math materials we have been learning and made huge posters to show a number.   For example if my number was 10 I might have on my poster:
*orange cuisenaire rod
*dice for 4 and dice for 6
*a tens frame with exactly 10 dots
*ten pennies
*a hexagon and a square for ten sides total
*10 hearts I drew
ETC.

The kids loved doing this!  

Enjoy the day tomorrow and don't forget the idea books are due Wednesday if you can!

No comments :

Post a Comment